Exchange under warranty
A4988 Stepper Motor Driver 3D Printer Driver Module
The driver unit that can attach on the Ramps 1.4 main board, to drive steppers, this system called raprep mainly used on 3D printer system or other similar system like CNC machine. Very suitable for Mendel, huxley such raprep system.
A4988 IC can drive 2A per phrase of the stepper, the new version V2 of this module has 2oz copper thickness (70um instead of normal 35um), the higher copper thickness can provide better heat dispation, this unit with heat sink can keep working on 2A current for long time. You can find some heat sink on our store too.
The three axis X Y Z of the machine will need three pieces of this unit, and the extra 3D printer head will need this unit too, one head will need one unit.
This unit can also work standalone to driver stepper.
This product is a carrier board or breakout board for Allegro’s A4988 DMOS Microstepping Driver with Translator and Overcurrent Protection; we therefore recommend careful reading of the A4988 datasheet (380k pdf) before using this product. This stepper motor driver lets you control one bipolar stepper motor at up to 2 A output current per coil (see the Power Dissipation Considerations section below for more information). Here are some of the driver’s key features:
- Simple step and direction control interface
- Five different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, quarter-step, eighth-step, and sixteenth-step
- Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates
- Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
- Over-temperature thermal shutdown, under-voltage lockout, and crossover-current protection
- Short-to-ground and shorted-load protection
Data on request